We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Personal information we collect about you We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number
- your contact history, purchase history and saved items
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems
- Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions Financial details through online purchases
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature
This personal information is required to provide online bookings to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may prevent us from completing your booking.
How your personal information is collected
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, eg:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- where you have given consent. (this can be withdrawn at any time by contacting email@example.com)
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
Marketing our services to:
- existing and former customers;
- third parties who have previously expressed an interest in our services;
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our events and services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products AND/OR services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above ‘How and why we use your personal information’). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell OR share it with other organisations outside of Stockvale Ltd for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or replying ‘STOP’ to texts
- updating your marketing preferences on our website
Who we share your personal information with
We will not share your information with anybody outside of the Stockvale Group of Companies.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Where your personal information is held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group of companies. Information may also be stored digitally in our secure database
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or we are providing services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary.
- to respond to any questions or queries made by you;
- to keep records required by law.
- We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. Further details on this are available upon request by contacting our Customer Services team at email@example.com Your rights You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
- Access The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
- Rectification The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
- To be forgotten The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
- Restriction of processing The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data
- Data portability The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
- To object The right to object:
- at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
- in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making
The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including
profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us—see below: ‘How to contact us’; and
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg your full name, address etc.
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We continually test our systems and are ISO 27001 certified, which means we follow top industry standards for information security.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/ concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
This privacy notice was published on 21/10/2018 and last updated on 16/07/2019
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. Please ensure you check our website regularly for the most up-to-date information.
How to contact us
Our contact details are shown below:
Address: Stockvale Ltd, Western Esplanade, Southend-on-Sea, Essex. SS1 1EE
Phone: 01702 443400